The R word isn’t for everyone, some of us are lucky enough to enjoy flying by the seat of our pants. But for some of us folk who thrive on routine, we almost look forward to getting back to reality. Here are my top 5 things you should add to your ‘routine’.
1. When you wake up in the morning, take 10 deep breaths and be thankful for the day.
2. Add in superfoods, take out the ‘I can’t pronounce those foods’ – limit processed foods and artificial sweeteners where possible and treat yourself with the good stuff. Whether it be kale in a green smoothie, some spinach in your lunchtime salad or some walnuts over your salmon for dinner. Fuelling your body with good nutrition, gives you sustained energy and will enable you to have less sick days.
3. Move your body. Walk your frenchie (or the likes), do a circuit, go to a boxing class or even a just few sun salutations. This is great stress relief and gets those endorphins flowing.
4. Dry brushing, I have been loving dry brushing for the last 6 months. It improves skin smoothness and also reduces cellulite. Purchase a natural bristle brush, start from the soles of your feet and brush towards your heart in nice long strokes. Google it!
5. Switch off! Get rid of that technological device attached to your hand at least an hour before bedtime. Sleep is key for stress, health and staying positive!
My last note – I can be guilty of not wanting to break my routine especially Monday to Friday but often life’s best adventures are the ones that are unplanned. Let some spontaneity spice up your life!
Here’s to a happy, healthy and adventurous 2015!
What’s your weekly routine?